Use the OCR tool to automatically make scanned documents readable and searchable.
NOTE: The OCR tool is not currently in the Lumin app. It is here: https://tools.luminpdf.com/tools
- You will need to create a new account to use the OCR tool and the other Document tools.
- Your account and the OCR tool are free to use.
TIP: The OCR tool works only on PDF documents.
Here's how to get a PDF version of a document you have scanned:
- Scan a document into the JPG format, and then convert it to PDF using the Lumin convert tool. (Or, you may have scanning software that can output a scanned document directly to PDF.)
- Login to the Document Tools web page: https://tools.luminpdf.com/tools
- Select OCR from the menu bar.
- Click Get Started.
- Upload a PDF file to use OCR on.
The tool automatically OCRs your document after uploading.
- Click Download file or save to your cloud storage by clicking the Google Drive or Dropbox icon.
The search function is on the right of the toolbar.