Collaborate, engage, and make notes on documents with your team using the comment tool.
Adding a Comment
Select the Comment option on the toolbar.
Click on the PDF where you want to add comments.
-A Comment icon and a text entry box will appear.
- Type your comment and click Comment.
Note: To tag your teammate, type @ and then their name. Your tagged teammate will then receive a notification email alerting them to the comment and prompting them to respond.
To edit, delete or change the icon colour of your comment, click the three dots on the right of the comment entry box and select your options as required.
1. Select or drag a portion of text and click on your selection
2. Click the comment option
3. Type your comment and tag your teammate as required. Select Comment
Replying to a Comment
1. Click on the comment itself, or the icon and type your reply in the reply field underneath.
To resolve a comment and remove it from your view, select the tick next to the 3 dots
Note: you can easily view and edit all the comments you have added to a document by opening the Panel and selecting the Notes section.
- Click inside a comment in the Panel to add a reply note to the comment.
- Click inside a note in the Panel, then click the three dots that appear on the right to Edit or Delete it. (Deleting it in the panel will also delete it from the document.)
Tip: When several people comment on a file, the responses are saved in a sequence below the first comment. (The flow of responses and comments in Lumin PDF is the same as you see in Google Docs.)
Tip: You can select the Comment tool with the keyboard shortcut
Tip: You can also add a comment to a document by writing the comment on the document in free text. Find out how here.