You've chosen the right tool to help you get things done digitally, anywhere, anytime - plus, say goodbye to wasted paper and time! Lumin's powerful digital tools let you share, collaborate, and edit PDFs in the cloud.
We're all about making magic happen at Lumin, and we're excited to be on this journey with you. Our powerful digital tools are designed to make work frictionless, together.
Gone are the days of work being a place. Work is now a space; accessible from anywhere, anytime. This is why we designed Circles to help you and your workmates collaborate and share.
Let's set up your account
Once logged in, your first task is setting up your workspace - your Circle! Name your Circle as you please; it could be your Organization's name. Then, select what you will use Lumin for; Personal, Work, or Education.
Within your Circle, you will be able to create Teams which could be the different departments within your Organization. You can do this after you've completed setting up your Circle.
Now, your next task is to invite collaborators into your Circle. This could be anyone in or outside your organization that you would need to work with. If your organization uses Google Workspace, you can click Sign in with Google to sync your contacts with Lumin to easily invite people into your Circle.
Alternatively, you can skip that step, and invite collaborators by manually adding their email addresses.
Once you've invited whom you need to be in your Circle, you're good to go! Click Get Started to proceed.
🎉 Welcome to your Circle! 🎉
Let's set you up for success!
As mentioned earlier, a Team or multiple Teams can be created within your Circle. This is a brilliant way to ensure that relevant people have access to relevant files. In this example, in Acme Studios, there are three departments that need to use Lumin; Sales, Support, and Success.
To create the Team:
- Select Teams then + Create New.
- Then, name your Team and add the relevant members.
- Once you've added the relevant team members, click Create.
Here are a few more helpful resources on Teams:
Who doesn't love a fantastic filing system? Creating folders can help you better organize your files and improve your workflow. Here are a few reasons why creating folders is a good practice:
- Easy access and retrieval: By grouping files together in folders, you can quickly find and access the files you need. This saves time and reduces the likelihood of misplacing or losing files.
- Better organization: Folders help to keep your files organized and make it easier to navigate through your computer or storage device. You can create folders for different projects, topics, or types of files.
- Improved productivity: Organizing your files into folders can help you work more efficiently. You can easily find the files you need without having to search through a cluttered folder or your entire computer.
To create Folders:
- Under Documents, select the Team you want to create folders for.
- Click + New Folder then, name the folder, and choose a color (optional).
- Lastly, click Create.
Many documents contain sensitive and confidential information that should not be accessed by unauthorized individuals. Examples include medical records, financial statements, and legal contracts. Some documents that contain trade secrets or other confidential business information must be kept secure to prevent theft or unauthorized use by competitors.
Most industries are subject to legal requirements that mandate certain levels of security for documents. For example, healthcare organizations must comply with HIPAA regulations to protect patient privacy. In today's digital age, documents are vulnerable to cyber attacks such as hacking, phishing, and malware. It is therefore essential to implement strong security measures to protect against these threats.
Here are a few things that you can do, to ensure that your Lumin account is protected:
Password Strengthening - mandate a vital org-wide password requirement by following these steps:
- Go to your Dashboard then, select the Security tab.
- Under Password Settings, change the password strength to Strong; this requires users' passwords to meet the following - have 8 letters, 1 number, 1 lowercase letter, and 1 uppercase letter.
Circle Visibility Settings - modify your Circle's visibility settings to the public.
- In the example above, when a Lumin account is created under an email with the domain 'luminpdf.com', members are able to see this Circle but will require the Admin's approval to join.
TIP: Learn how to Navigate your Dashboard here.
It's your turn to lead the way!
It's time for you to spread the word, and let everyone know in your Circle that things are about to change - in an awesome way 😉. Check out the video below to learn more about what else you can do with Lumin.
Now that you're all set up, you're ready to get things done. Here are some helpful articles that can help you make the most out of your Lumin account: